- 11/2015–ongoing project
Domain: Journalism/Social Sciences/Literature
Translation of an Afro-Portuguese newspaper from the 1920’s for the project: Digital Bilingual (Portuguese/English) Edition of Correio de Africa [Africa Mail] Newspaper (1921-24) with Scholarly Apparatus (PT-ENG). This project has been awarded a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the human endeavour – University of Maryland, USA.
- 03/2017- 09/2017
– Translation of “Uma profunda calentura universal” by Eduardo Pinto (ENG-PT)
– Translation of “Farewell, goodbye” by Eduardo Pinto (PT-ENG)
Domain: Legal; Finance/Trading; Tourism
– Translation of documents on Forex trading for a UK bank (ENG-PT)
– Translation of legal documents for a UK notary (PT-ENG)
– Translation of legal documents for a Macanese security company (PT-ENG)
– Translation of a Hydraulic Power Unit manual for a company’s website (ENG-PT)
– Translation of marketing material for a real estate agency (ENG-PT)
Management and administration of a scientific association and R&D Unit, University of Porto – 1997–2015.
▪Translation and revision of scientific papers and articles for conferences and for publishing in international scientific journals
▪Administrative management of R&D Unit
▪Administrative management of European grants
▪Administrative management of NGDO activities in Africa
▪Representation of the R&D Unit in embassies, universities, companies and other strategic partners
▪Planning and organization of scientific events (meetings, congresses and exhibits)
▪Coordination of the edition of a scientific journal and three book collections
▪ Web site management – back office
1996 – Trainee Translator
International Section – JN – Portuguese newspaper, Porto (Portugal).
Translation (in cooperation) of the Dictionary of Demography, Roland Pressat. Department of Geography – Faculty of Letters, University of Porto, Porto (Portugal).