- 2015 – ongoing project
Domain: Journalism/Social Sciences/Literature
Translation of an Afro-Portuguese newspaper from the 1920’s for the project: Digital Bilingual (Portuguese/English) Edition of Correio de Africa [Africa Mail] Newspaper (1921-24) with Scholarly Apparatus (PT-ENG). This project has been awarded a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the human endeavour – University of Maryland, USA.
- Domain: Education (NGOs)
– Translation of materials for the 100 Million Campaign – http://100million.org/ (ENG-PT)
- Domain: Linguistics
-Translation of scientific paper on foreign language teaching in older adults – U. Porto. (PT-ENG)
- Domain: Marketing (tourism)
– Translation of marketing material for a real estate agency (ENG-PT)
- Domain: Marketing (gastronomy)
– Translation of materials about the history of a 75-year-old confectionery/biscuit company. (PT-ENG).
- Domain: Education
– Translation of studying materials for One World University, Mozambique. (PT-ENG)
- Domain: Literature/Psychology/Philosophy
– Translation of “Uma profunda calentura universal” by Eduardo Pinto (ENG-PT)
- Domain: Literature
– Translation of “Farewell, goodbye” by Eduardo Pinto (PT-ENG)
- Domain: Finance/Banking
– Translation of documents on Forex trading for a UK bank (ENG-PT)
- Domain: History
– Translation of a scientific paper on the Portuguese Marranos. (PT-ENG).
- Domain: History
-Translation and interpretation in a Seminar on African Trade Unions – University of Porto. (PT-FR)
- Domain: Legal
– Translation of legal documents for a UK notary (PT-ENG)
– Translation of legal documents for a Macanese security company (PT-ENG)
- Domain: Hydraulics (machinery)
– Translation of a Hydraulic Power Unit manual for a company’s website (ENG-PT)
Management and administration of a scientific association and R&D Unit, University of Porto – 1998–2015.
▪Translation and revision of scientific papers and articles for conferences and for publishing in international scientific journals
▪Administrative management of R&D Unit
▪Administrative management of European grants
▪Administrative management of NGDO activities in Africa
▪Representation of the R&D Unit in embassies, universities, companies and other strategic partners
▪Planning and organization of scientific events (meetings, congresses and exhibits)
▪Coordination of the edition of a scientific journal and three book collections
▪ Web site management – back office
1996 – Trainee Translator
International Section – JN – Portuguese newspaper, Porto (Portugal).